Drug dog overdoses after snorting MDMA at EDM party
Written by Mike Nicholas on January 13, 2019
A drug-detector dog needed to be given anti-overdose medication after reportedly snorting MDMA while screening passengers at an EDM cruise.
Jake the sniffer dog was searching passengers boarding for the Holy Ship! dance festival in Florida this week when he reportedly found a baggie in a man’s pocket, and accidentally ingested drugs. He managed to give an alert before he suddenly fell ill.
“Jake started having some problems with balance and had some type of seizure incident of some sort, was showing effects of having inhaled some substance,” Brevard County Sheriff Tod Goodyear says.
Jake was taken to a vet and administered medicine. He’s now in a stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.
K9 JAKE’S BACK ON THE BEAT: @BrevardSheriff's K9 Deputy Jake is back on duty at Port Canaveral, playing with his handler, Deputy Scott Stewart, and showing no ill effects from a severe reaction that the 3-year-old golden retriever suffered from finding drugs on a passenger. pic.twitter.com/5cdFHlNlEp
— Port Canaveral (@PortCanaveral) January 11, 2019
Story by buzz.ie